Thursday, June 3, 2010

All about control..

I think that I am now understanding that it's all a control thing. You just have to decide who to let control you. Do you control yourself, and be conscious of your decisions. Do you let those around you influence your choices about your health. Do you give in to that inner fat girl who tells you it's ok to sit down with a pint of ice cream and a spoon?

I've made my decison, I'm in charge around here! I think this change of having a blog and writing down my goals is really helping. I got a late start this week with the exercise, but I'm making up for it by working harder, instead of giving up on my goal.

I ran again yesterday. I want to be a runner, but I'm just not in love. I keep telling myself that there are no fat runners, so it's in my best interest to learn to love it. It's a work in progress for sure. I'm close to completing the C25K program, it has only taken me twice as long as it's supposed to! My schedule has kept me from a few of my favorite classes, but that's changing today. I'm making it a point to get back to what I enjoy, I need it for my sanity. Today will be my first day at bootcamp in about a month, wish me luck!

Business is picking up a bit too, so I've been spending more time at my sewing machine, which isn't great for the activity level, but at least the hands are busy and can't snack. So, who's in control of you today?

1 comment:

  1. Oh mandy I AM SO WITH YOU.
    I long to be a runner---but Im not smitten.

    Im still doing it though partially in search of the smittennessment and partially because it just seems so "easy" (grabshoesandgo!) and equipmentfree.

    Have a great time at bootcamp!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete