Monday, May 31, 2010

and so we begin...

I'm going to work on some before/current pics to share today...

So my 2 small goals for this week are:
*No take-out for 2 weeks
*To burn 4,000 calories this week through exercise

The take-out is a hard one for me. Even though I'm a SAHM, I'm often so tired by dinner time that I lose all will-power. I've talked to the hubster about this and he's going to support me by helping cook the days I don't feel like it, or encouraging me. We went away for the day yesterday to visit family. It amazes me what people serve, and that we are all ok with that. I think almost every "salad" on the table started with a gallon of mayo, seriously! I ate mostly celery and drank water. I did eat a hot dog though, or 2, haha. I did stick with my no soda rule, as it's now been 9 weeks since I quit.


I wrote out a "tentative" meal plan for the week:
Monday- steak, grilled zucchini and corn
Tuesday- tacos (I'll have some taco meat on my salad)
Wednesday- grilled chicken salad
Thursday- turkey burgers (bunless for me)
Friday- pancakes and sausage (I'll skip the sausage)
Saturday- grilled chicken and veggies

Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy meals that I can make and freeze for days I don't want to cook?

I think I'm going to go for a "wog" when my husband wakes up since the Y is closed today. I'm also going to mow the grass for some extra calories burned today too!
Hope everyone is having a safe and fun memorial day weekend while remembering and honoring our service men and women.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan, Mandy! I used to know of some really cool make-ahead recipe sites ... I'll see if I can track them down again as all the bookmarks got lost when the other laptop met its untimely and oh-so-sad demise :(

    ReplyDelete